Dr Shane MonksCONTACT DETAILS
Phone: (+61)(07) 3008 3939
Fax: (+61)(07) 3210 0254Mobile: 0437 210 010
Email Shane Monks
Visit WebsiteDownload CV
Barrister: 1993 (NSW)
Degrees and accreditations
Doctor of Juridical Studies, University of Sydney
Master of Studies (by thesis), University of Oxford
Bachelor of Laws (Honours), University of Queensland
Bachelor of Arts, University of Queensland
- Arbitration, Mediation and Evaluation
- Banking and Finance
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency
- Building and Construction
- Conflict of Laws
- Intellectual Property
- International Law
- Mining Energy and Resources
- Professional Negligence
- Trade Practices and Competition
- Wills, Probate and Family Provision
Shane has appeared as both counsel and junior counsel in superior court trials and applications and in intermediate appellate courts, as junior counsel in the High Court, and as counsel before lower courts and tribunals. He has represented parties in mediations and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
Before coming to the Bar, Shane spent three years as a lecturer at New College, Oxford University (primarily teaching contract and international law), and had practised with firms of solicitors in London and Brisbane.
Shane is the President of the Queensland Chapter of the International Law Association (Australian Branch), and is a member of the Bar Association of Queensland's International Law Committee.
For information about selected cases in which Shane has acted please click here.
- President, Queensland Chapter of the International Law Association (Australian Branch)
- Member, International Law Committee of the Queensland Bar Association
- Member and volunteer, Caxton Legal Centre Inc (since 2005)